Friday, February 16, 2018

The King of Emergency Transfers

Hey family,

So big news! I`m once again having emergency changes. It`s been so long since I`ve had normal changes, I`ve almost forgotten what it`s like hahah. So this morning the assistants called us and said we have emergency changes. I`ll be going way far away to the other end of the mission. To an area called sabà. Kinda weird to get that phone call. It was the same thing when I got called to the office in the middle of a change. It was kinda sad because I don`t really want to leave this area or leave my companion, but I know this is what the lord wants for me to do, and that it`s all in his plan. Now that I think about it, the only time I`ve ever had regular changes was when I was changed from Palermo to Montecristo. I`ll have to leave behind the baptism of William and Wilson, which is this saturday :(, but I know the same way I`m leaving behind good investigators here, that I`ll find them in Sabà. So yeah, that`s my big news of the day- I don`t know if I`ll finish the mission there. I`ve heard being way out there in the east is a completely different experience, I`m sure it`ll be a lot different from being here in the city. Well yeah, all the usual changes feelings. Nervous-excited, I guess I`ll have to let you guys know how it goes next week. I`ll be getting there on Wednesday, once again travelling alone haha. Another funny thing that I just remembered is that I was gonna give a talk this Sunday. Ooops, well I guess I`ll let the bishop know.

This last sunday I taught class for the first time in a little while. It went really good, even though I taught without knowing I was gonna teach beforehand. Yeah just about every night we eat dinner at a member`s house. Last night we ate a ton of baleadas. We always leave the Trujillo famlies house stuffed. 

Yeah, when I get home I`m gonna be sure to help out the missionaries. Brother Mayen has been a huge help, and William and Wilson are ready to be baptised this Saturday, I`m a little sad that I won`t get to see it though. Everything else is going good. 

I got along great with Elder Asturias, I really enjoyed my time with him. He`s a great missionary. My stomach`s doing good, no more problems since the cheese. Yeah I loved the a/c. I doubt I`m gonna see any more of that stuff for a long time. 

And for the baptisms on Saturday. Thanks for the prayers! I hope that now everything`s settled down with the protests I`ll get the package a little quicker. It might be hard though because I`ll be so far away from the mission office. 

I don`t know what to do about the shoes. I think it`ll be pretty hard to get them to Elder Asturias, but I`m sure I`ll find a way to get them to him. 

For right now I`d like to plan out when I get home. I`d like to get busy as quick as I can. I want to sign up for some online classes like Allie, and maybe get a job too. I don`t want to be bored haha. No pictures right now, but I`ll take some on my 8 hour bus ride this week, and I`ll take some as I say goodbye to people in this area.

I love you guys so much and I hope you have a great week!
-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment