Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Venturing Out


Hey family,

Things are still ok here. Today was awesome, we got to give out copies of the book of mormon in a sqaure in the middle of guatemala city. It was by far the coolest thing we´ve done while we´ve been here. For a brief second I felt like a real missionary. We only had 30 minutes to do it, and our goal was to give out 5 copies. What ended up happening, was we´d start talking to one guy, and he´d talk in really quick spanish for a long time and we´d clumsily talk about what the book of mormon was about and what it meant to us, get his adress and say adios, by the time we did that with 3 people our time had been up for 5 minutes. It was awesome how after we talked to the first guy, someone called us over and wanted to talk to us. I think the fact that we´re americans who´ve decided to come to central america for 2 years really gives us credibility.

We alo got to go to that famous Wendys which was delicios and tasted much more like America than anything we've had here.

This week was a little rough, I got food poisoning on Thursday and puked my guts out. Immediately after I felt much better. Went to bed as soon as I could that night, and the day after I felt back to 100%.

Spanish is getting better. One day this week my companion and I had a super good lesson where I felt the gift of tongues really work. It felt almost like a kareoke machine where I was almost reading off the words, but I completely understood everything I was saying and that my investigator (teacher) was saying. It´s hard to explain, but it was awesome and I really want to have that experience again. It didn´t happen today, but I know when I need that gift it will be there.

-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment