Friday, February 16, 2018

Recovering from Bad Food & Getting a Package

[from January 15, 2018]

The Christmas call was great, and I was able to get the package this last week! 

I was so sick. There were a couple of days that I thought I was gonna die.  I´m better now though. Thank you for the prayer- I´m sure it helped, I got better pretty quick. I don´t think I´ve been that sick since those 3 baptisms in Palermo.  Don´t be worried though, everything is fine. 

My companion was was actually most upset that I wasn´t doing any excersize with him for the next couple days. That guy´s a nut.

I was somehow able to recover from eating the fried cheese, which is a miracle in and of itself, but right when I was feeling better, my package got here! Tons and tons of food, and an excellently made doll of me. Thanks so much! My companion said it would be perfect if somebody was going to do voodoo magic on me haha. 

Thank you for sending the tie. I´m gonna wear it only on special occasions, my ties tend to get pretty dirty if I use them too much. We´ve been pigging out these last few days. So the moment I started feeling better I ate a bunch of cookies and chocolates! 

I taught my companion how to throw the frisbee and we play all the time. We were playing in the field beside our house this morning and my comp threw it into a neighbors yard. We went to go retrieve it and we ended up contacting a really cool family who was visited by the missionaries when they lived in Hollywood. So thanks so much for the frisbee.  

We´ve also got a couple of youth that I think are going to be baptized soon. 

I wish I had a good story of the week, um there wasn´t anything too crazy that happened this week. My companion found 100 lempiras or about 5 bucks on the ground and just about lost his mind out of excitement. We made some top ramen in the other missionaries house when our dinner appointment fell through for us 4. 


Elder Petersen had some fake mustaches... Not as good as the real thing haha
I love our new house, the air conditioning is awesome! Remember how much I love my fans? I love the a/c more. There is nothing like coming home at night all sweaty and turning on the air conditioning. 

One thing I really wish you could try is a Vanileyde. It´s like a Vanilla Milk but it is so good. It´s a little expensive, but I am addicted to them! 

Love you guys.

-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment