Thursday, September 29, 2016

The New Normal

Hey family.

My spanish is definately coming along... but I have a long way to go. It´s still hard to understand people and often times my companion will translate from fast quick mumble spanish to slow, clear spanish. Some Honduras slang for you: Masiso: Good. Cheque:Everythings good\ready\goodbye. Also they´ll throw in some weird english words too like bye.

Elder Marquezada is fun. He´s serious about obedience stuff which I´m so grateful for. Excellent teacher, I´m really glad he´s my trainer. He knows the scriptures super well. Every morning he wakes up and studies the seminary manuels so he always seems to have a scripture to turn to when somebody asks a question. He tells a lot of jokes, some I understand and some I don´t haha.

Day to day we wake up and study individually and together eat breakfast and go teach. We´ll go eat lunch at a member who we pay to make lunch for us´s house, then we go back and study language for an hour and then we leave again and teach until 9. Ususally we have a full roster of people to teach, but sometimes sombody won´t be home and then we´ll go and yell buenas in front od people´s houses, and talk to people on the street.

All my stuff´s holding up great, I haven´t bought rainboots because I haven´t really needed to, water only goes up to about mid calf and if I leave my shoes outside while I wear the other ones the next day they dry really quick.

Our house is great. Most houses have concrete floor but we have tile. We clean it ourselves, and as a general rule we keep it pretty clean, but when we walk in after the day, we´re usually pretty dirty and we get the floor dirty too.

Love you guys,
-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment