Tuesday, October 4, 2016

The Water Never Bothered Me Anyway

Hey family, things are still good here. I need to get better at taking pictures, I´ll make a better effort to take more pictures this week.

Palermo is a city, the larger area is called Progreso. We´re about 15 minutes south of San Pedro Sula.

My companion is great, but sometimes I do miss english a little bit. There are 3 gringos in our zone though, and a lot of the latinos are in various stages of learning english, so I do get to hear a good amount of it. Plus, a lot of songs and t-shirts and writing on storebought stuff is in english, so everythings good on that front. 

It rains a ton here. I thought it rained a lot in Virginia! The water doesn´t really bug me too much, and I´ve heard that in Ceiba, it can get to be chest deep. Usually it rains in the afternoon and I put my wet shoes outside and by luch the next day they´re dry. Maybe if I go somewhere with a lot more rain I will get some rainboots. 

I will say some of the most valuable things I brought with me are the umbrella and the flashlight. Sometimes I worry I´m like that guy from dad´s mission who always had an umbrella, but it´s so nice to not be completely soaked. And when the power goes out (which it has more often this week) it gets way dark and so the flashlight´s getting a lot of use. 

I did get to watch conference and sometimes I even got to watch parts of it in English so that was pretty cool. I liked Uceda´s talk and his cliff story. I especially liked 2 things he said ¨God listens to us, even when we don´t listen to him¨ and Äre we really praying or just saying prayers?¨

Love you guys
-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment