Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Christian Baptizes Christian

Hey Family,
 
First of all, the baptism was awesome, the name of our 15 year old investigator is Christian. It was a really cool experience, and he asked me to baptise him, so I was just as nervous as he was.
We also got a whole bunch of investigators (including his mom) to come and see the baptism too so that was really cool. It was a big deal for the ward too because it´s been almost two years since the last convert baptism they´ve had. It was an awesome experience.


My stomach´s doing good, the only problem I have had with the food was in the CCM haha. I ate something pretty strange this week, called sopa de mondongo which is the stomach of a cow in a soup.
That was the toughest thing I´ve eaten so far. My companion was really suprised I finished it. He said that usually gringo´s refuse to eat it. 

I did get to play some frisbee today in a gym with some other missionaries. I haven´t played a harmonica solo for anybody yet, but I have learned to play the first line of a bunch of hymns. One time we were teaching a lesson and we were gonna start with a hymn, and Elder Marquezado asked me to demonstrate the tune. I pulled out the harmonica and played the first line. It was pretty funny, but only because of how unexpected it was. 

Something really cool happened this week. We had an investigator who sells fruit out of the back of his truck for a living. He has a hard time going to to church because Sunday he need to sell fruit if he wantas to support his family. 2 saturdays ago we promised him that if he went to church he and his family wouldn´t want for anything in the necxt week. He came to church and kepty the sabbath day holy. Yesterdfasy he siad he sold more fruit during the week than he ever has before. that really strengthened my testimony in the power and authority missionaries have to make promises. Also in the sabbath day.

Love you guys
E Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment