Sunday, January 22, 2017

A Blackout, Some Rain, and a Transfer

The power here was crazy for a while. We went almost a week straight without power and it rained super hard this time it got almost knee deep.

A Little Rain

So I bought some Honduran rainboots for less than 7 bucks. I don´t know why didn´t buy them sooner, I thought they´d be more expensive. 

Sorry I didn´t get to write last week. I wrote a tiny little note on the computers in Sarrosa during our district reunion. 

Remeber how you asked last week if there were any changes coming my way? Well, usually missionaries are in their first areas for 6 months here as a general rule, but I got a phone call last night and I´m headed to Montecristo in La Ceiba. I´m pretty excited, because the zone Ceiba is where everybody wants to go. From what I´ve heard our house is within one block of the beach. So we´ll have to see how things are next time we talk. 

I meet a lot of people who´ve been to America, seems like everybody here who´s super drunk knows how to speak a little bit of English. I think that Alcohol gives the gift of tongues. I was talking to one guy who got deported a month ago for the third time and he´s headed back in the next week. Pretty crazy huh? 

Nothing super exciting has happened this week. I was a super happy guy when the power came back for good, and I was pretty happy to hear I´m going to La Ceiba. That´s about all the news I´ve got right now. 

Love You guys,

Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment