Monday, December 19, 2016

A New Companion & Charity

Hey Family:

I´m really excited to talk to you guy, I think it will be through skype, I still don´t know about when and how that´ll all work, but as soon as I find out I´ll be sure to let you know. 


Mario & Flor

Baptisms were really great, I was super sick that day though my stomach was really upset. So the whole experience was really cool, but I was really grateful when I got to go to sleep that Tuesday night. 

Sindi



It was actually Elder Marquezado´s last day inthe mission field, so he got to leave with three baptisms, a pretty cool way to go out. 


Honduras is a busy place for missionaries. 

Right now we have a couple people planning to be baptised but none are super close.

The new companion´s good, his name is Elder Quinaya, also from Peru. It´s super different working with him than with Elder Marquezado. Also, I know the area and he doesn´t so I´m always leading which is kinda weird for me. 

We´re pretty excited for Christmas here. We bought some Chrismas lights today and we´re gonna put them up outside our house tonight. 

It still feels like summer here right now, I think it´ll be like this year round. I bet it´s already snowed there huh? 

The two biggest things for me here are the dogs in the street and people are always burning stuff by the side of the road, I´m not a huge fan of all that smoke, but that´s how peopel get rid of their trash much of the time. 

Now for your question about experiences I have had with charity: 

Members here have helped us so much and been instumental in every situation we´ve had. 

One time we were stuck really far away from our house late at night with no money and a member picked us up and brought us home. There´s one member who every Sunday picks up one of our investigators and brings her to church. One of the things a member has done for us was that there were a couple of gangs here fighting and a member brought us into their house where it was safe, that was pretty memorable. 

I´m so grateful for the emails I´ve gotten from members of the ward that are always encouraging me. 

I´ve seen people work some incredibly hard and dirty jobs to be able to provide for their families. 

I gave a white shirt to Christian so he can pass the sacrament. 

I have tons of storys I don´t really know what you´d like to hear in specific.

Love you guys
Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment