Monday, December 12, 2016

Teaching, Baptizing, and Looking Forward to Christmas

Hey Family,

Big news is tomorrow we´re gonna have three baptisms, a 16 year old girl named Sindi, and a brother and sister Mario(12) and Flor(10). 

This past Sunday we brought a pastor to church. Yep a legit pastor with a congregation and everything came to a mormon church and really enjoyed it. 

i got up to bear my testimony this fast Sunday with my companion (it´s his last Sunday here in Honduras) and told about how one time we were contacting knocking on doors and a kid answered us ´my mom isn´t here´ so we said ´tell her that we´ll pass by another time´ so the kid turned around and yelled ´mom, they say they´re gonna pass by another time.´ And then the mom came to the door to answer us and she turned out to be a really nice lady. I related the story about sometimes the people who need the gospel most are hiding and we need to work hard as members of the church to strengthen eachother.

Christmas is a big deal here, but not like it is in the USA. I´ve heard that during Christmas eve there´s a ton of firworks and stuff going on, so I´m looking forward to that. As far as traditions go here they eat tamales. I can´t wait to talk to you guys. I miss you guys, but i think this Christmas is gonna be cool, you guys have six months of fun ahead of you! 

I´m so excited for you guys to go to france. I thought you guys would have a moving company, but it´s good to hear you aren´t as rushed as we´ve been in previous moves. It´s true Dad is a master tetris player, I´ve seen our moving vans, and I have no idea how he does it. 

One of the things that was weird when I first came here but I quickly got used to is that there´s no laws for noise here. If your church wants to play music super loud or if you´re selling something and want to strap a couple megaphones to the roof of your car you absolutely can. 

Love you guys!
Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment