Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Being in the Right Place


Hey family!
 

Here in Honduras it´s pretty weird to be a gringo. The only other white people are missionaries, so when i´m walking down the street, people will look at me and yell the little bit of English that they know, it´s always funny to me what people here pick up from movies, songs, and video games. 

In Honduras there´s a lot of bikes too. Akmost nobody here has a car, most people have bikes or motorcycles. 

Here the water is dirty and muddy but there isn´t raw sewage sloshing around. It really depends on the day about the water, sometimes the streets become rivers and we really can´t avoid it, and sometimes when it´s just a little rain we can jump from dry spot to dry spot. 

We´re teaching lots of people, one day we had 7 new people start recieving visits from us in the span of probably 2 or three hours. Sometimes we get a lot of visits, sometimes less. 

The mission does have some hard stuff, but it´s also really fun and I know this is exactly where God wants me to be, and I´m so happy to know I have a family who cares about me and thinks about me. A lot of people here (And in the United States too) don´t have that, and I´m so grateful for the blessing I have of a loving family.

It is cool knowing that you guys were watching the same exact conference as me. It was a other side of heaven kinda thing.

I always promise to send pictures and I never do! I feel like such a knuckle head! Next week I really will send pictures, I took a couple this week but left my camera at the house. 

Love you guys,
Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment