Sunday, July 16, 2017

6 Months Down

[from February 6, 2017]

Man I am excited for you guys to go to France!  Foreign travel is super cool. 

Here, cowboys (and cowgirls) are Little kids maybe about Emma's age with sticks whacking their cows to get them to move haha.



I was thinking this week about al the second hand stuff I´m gonna make Michael take on his misión like my Predicad, or my Honduran rainboots that cost less than 2 bucks.  That´s assuming he goes somewhere like this though.

Six months is a long time, but it´s gone by way fast. It is really really cool to have this opportunity to help people in this way, and I wouldn´t trade it for anything.  I´m in the fun part of the misión, where I can pretty much speak, I know how to teach the lessons fairly well, and it pretty smooth sailing.

Sacrifical Necktie
Well, the tradition (at least in my misión is that at 6 months you burn a tie, a year you burn a shirt and 18 months you burn pants.  So I burnt a tie.  It´s pretty good to have six months. 


It burns

I remeber a Brother James quote that made me laugh when I was at home but makes me laugh more now that I´m here in the misión.  It goes something like this,¨The misión was the best 18 months of my life...because the first 6 months sucked.¨ I can identify with that a Little bit now.  The first 6 months didn´t suck, but it´s definitely good now that I feel like I´m a Little more of an experienced missionary. 

I´ll try to make a video every time we baptize someone so you guys can know them a Little better. 



Right now we have a pareja that´s gonna get married friday and baptised saturday if all goes according to plan.  So that is super exciting, and it´s gonna be the end of a very long journey of Honduran Bureaucracy.

LOVE YOU GUYS, Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment