Saturday, January 6, 2018

A Thanksgiving Miracle (Pictures Galore!)

[from November 25, 2017]

Doing really good! This week was thanksgiving, ours was pretty good here. We´ve gotten the Christmas music going at 100%.


Thanksgiving lunch w/ the other secretaries (notice my salva vida (double parenthesis: salva vida is the national beer of honduras) tie)

We got an ok thansgiving lunch. We asked a cook we know to make us some thanksgiving stuff. It was kinda small, but good.


Like I said, small but pretty good. Turkey is way hard to find here.

I´m still training both of the new secretaries. That´s really good and it´s honestly way easier for them because there are two of them instead of one doing that crazy General/Ruta job. So I should be getting my package pretty quickly since we have a better ruta secretary now (AKA not me haha).


Elder Gonzalez (the new ruta) driving the car for the first time. Look how happy he is.

We went to the (super cool commissary) store to look for some frozen pumpkin pie and found exactly 5 IBC cream sodas. They are the only ones I´ve ever found and the only ones I think I ever will, but it was awesome. E´ Reyes and E´Gonzalez loved them too, so everyone was happy.



Thanksgiving Day miracle.

We made a little mistake and got a pumpkin pie that you had to cook.  Luckily we had an oven, we just had to save it until night time.  It was pretty good!  It was pretty impressive that we could cook the pie. We debated bringing it back to the store and buying an already made pie instead. I bet it was more delicious there. Last Thanksgiving I didn´t do anything so I had to go nuts this time haha.


Some pumpkin pie and caramel icecream.

So yeah, I´m just wrapping things up here in the office. If all goes according to plan I should be leaving the office on Wednesday. (I still don´t know exactly where.)  president told me what he was thinking at the beginning of the change, but he said he wasn´t sure.  I like the place he was thinking about. I'm honestly just excited to be a field missionary again. I would be super happy going anywhere. We´ll see what exactly happens, I´ll know on Monday. So next time I write it´ll be from the field.

Also, my new goal is to take a bunch of pics. I´ve been really bad about it, but I´ve done a little better this last week.





Maybe I got a little too excited about the cream soda.

Oh and also, we´re gonna be stuck inside all day tomorrow because of the elections and the craziness that comes with that here. We´re gonna have a boring day, but it´ll be ok cause there´s 7 of us in that house right now.

Love you guys! -E´ Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment