Saturday, January 6, 2018

Come Heck or High Water

[from November 4, 2017]

Yeah we´re all better from the flood. The waters pretty much gone. Our house is pretty much ok. Some water got in but there wasn´t any damage. Everybody´s OK. The missionaries were all fine, even the sick sister. We´re having changes this week and she´s gonna be put as companion with the mission nurse, so they can go to the hospital together if anything else happens. Neighbors and members are all ok, but there are a lot of damaged houses and stuff. Some people are still basically camping out because they can´t go back to their houses, but it´s fewer people every day. It´s true, it does feel really good to help people out and get them to a place where they can feel the spirit. 

It was cool to have a baptism, we all got pretty wet on our way to the chapel. I haven´t performed the ordinance of baptism myself in a long time. Since I´ve been in this area actually. Now that I think about it, the last person I did the ordinance for was Aylin back in Montecristo. It´s been a long time haha. 

Yeah I wasn´t super into singing. They spent 3 hours practicing this thing in a regular day. I just thought it was kinda dumb and my companion didn´t want to go either. 

Pink eye stinks, but I was able to keep the pink eye contained to that one eye and nobody else got sick. I´ve been wearing glasses for the last week, but it´s pretty much gone now. Thank goodness.

Yeah it was actually really nice to be in Presidents house. He lives in the nicest penthouse I have ever seen. All there water was filtered, so I took advantage of the opportunity to drink the shower water. 

I´m really glad we were able to get Sofia´s baptism in. I was kinda worried we weren´t gonna be able to get the baptism done because of all the flooding. I suppose we could´ve done it in the middle of a super full street if it came down to it though hahah. Would´ve been really gross. 

We have another baptism planned for today. He´s another teenager named Javier. We had a hard time getting his mom to sign the papers. In fact we thought it was gonna fall through for today, but I just got a phone call from him that said she had signed them. So we are a GO! Maybe you´ll be getting some pics of that today!

I love you guys!
Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment