Friday, January 5, 2018

All About Perspective

[from October 11, 2017]

I´ve had a bunch of cool experience, but just this morning I saw a coulple guys at a stop light juggling machetes and balls of fire. Pretty cool looking. I gave them 5 lempiras (about a quarter) cause I thought they deserve 5 lempiras for risking their lives hahah.

Yeah we´ve been all good so far as weather goes. Lots of crazy stuff in the news. Hurricanes, Earthquakes, and a mass shooting in Las Vegas. But down here it´s been pretty calm *knock on wood.* Each transfer there´s some crazy stuff. Especially when areas are opened or closed. 

When we close an area we have to get the stuff out of the house and throw it all in the truck. Whn we open an area we have to bring all the stuff you need in a house from our house to a new house. It was hard doing that in a taxi.

This last transfer was just a crazy mess of murphy´s law kinda stuff happening. We did end up finding the keys (just yesterday actually). They were out in the middle of some tall grass in our yard. Nobody has any idea how they got there, but it was good to get them back finally.

My second companion was nuts, but he was fun. His last night he had brought a piñata that looked like a missionary (himself). He also recorded a rap song about being a missionary. He had picture of him in a casket he was giving people (a play on the whole "dead missionary" thing). I had a good time with him, but we had some differences that we had a hard time working out. 

My companion right now is great. I like that he likes to work really hard, but he also likes to have fun and goof around sometimes too. I like that we always help each other doing boring office stuff. One time every month I have to staple together about a bajillion peices of paper and put them in binders- he always helps. Whenever new missionaries arrive, he has to cut and laminate and sign a bunch of migratory papers for them- and I always help him out. 

We´re probably gonna be having some baptisms coming up on the 21st of this month. 

Sometimes listen to myself in lessons, and remember I´m not perfect. Happens a lot actually-especially when giving advice and stuff. Actually, one of the girls we have preparing for baptism on the 21st (Sofia) had some problems in colegio (high school) and dropped out. She didn´t feel like she could be baptized, even though she´s reading her scriptures (a lot), praying and going to church. We assured her that baptism isn´t something we should do when we are 80 years old and otherwise perfect, but that baptism was something we should do as the first step in our path to being better people. She put the baptism goal and I think she´s preparing for it really well.       

Love you guys!!!
-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment