Friday, January 5, 2018

Not Much to Say About Halloween and Hurricanes

[from October 14, 2017]

Hey Family!

All good here. Time feels like it´s flying by. 

They don´t celebrate Halloween here, but we were thinking we might get somebody to paint our faces that day. One of the things I want to do when I get home (so I don´t forget my spanish) is read books in Spanish. I might start with Harry Potter.

I haven´t heard too much of the hurricane. We haven´t done any disaster relief kinda stuff cause nothing too bad has happened here.  

The last night everybody stays in the Secretary/AP house. Elder Reyes (my current companion) and I will be leaving on the same day, so we´ll probably go and visit some people here in La Paz. But other than that, we probably won´t do anything else on our last night. I´m gonna try to sleep, cause all the guys from central america (i.e. Elder Reyes) go at 4 in the morning and I´ll want to say goodbye to him. It´s a long way off though.

Thanks for sending a package. We still haven´t gotten the chance to go to the national mail and pick up packages. I get so excited when I know something´s there for me. 

Sofia is doing really well. She´s really had some problems so far in her life, and she´s still got lots of things she needs to work out. I think the church is really helping her though. If all goes well she and another youth (anthony) should be getting baptized this coming saturday (I know... it´s been a long time since there´s been a baptism in La Paz 1). But yeah we´re pretty excited for them. 

Cynthia (Nicole´s mom) is still working through some things. She´ll for sure get baptized sometime, I just really hope I´m here to be able to see it. 

A family I found and taught in Montecristo (Marvin and Helen) just got married yesterday and baptized today. Good stuff. I put a pic with them in the email. It was my last night in the area and we went to say bye to them. I had recieved my worst haircut of the mission that same day and I was soaking wet, but I wanted a picture anyways because I was 100% sure they were gonna get married and baptized. Just don´t ever let the internet see that haircut. It is hurtful to people´s eyes.

[Editor's Note: My apologies to the internet, but I am honoring Christian's request to protect your eyes from his bad haircut picture.]

Love you guys!
Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment