Thursday, July 12, 2018

Building a Branch (2/26)

[from Febraury 26, 2018]

Hey family! My companion is way better at taking pictures than me, so I have lots to send this week! I`m gonna send them in the chat with dad though, cause it`s faster loading for some reason...


A photo of my district. Last Monday we climbed a mountain.
2 gringos, an Argentinian, a Uruguayan, an Ecuadorian, & a Panamanian

Yeah the sudden change turned out way better than I thought it would. I did feel way better after the interview, and I honestly really do like the area. I might finish the mission here, which is kinda weird to think. 

The extension is really good and I like it lots. It`s nice to be a smaller group... We have to talk in church and teach the lessons. It`s really fun! And we do it in such a way that everybody feels comfortable sharing a little bit in sacrament meeting if we ask them to. I don`t knock on doors as much anymore. I usually talk to anyone I see thats outside on their porch or doing something outside their house. It`s nice cause there`s nowhere to go, and actually lots of times they listen to our message. We don`t have a piano or a bishop.  Actually it might be a good idea to download some piano music to use at church on sunday. Thanks for the idea!

My companion and I made a chair tower in our house... I sent a picture on the chat with dad! 


Companionship Study.
The church is our house, so we have a lot of chairs.

Yeah, I`m feeling really good about this change to be honest. I really like this area and this comp. (Kinda like you guys right now) I felt sad to leave good stuff where I was for better stuff where I was going to go. Pulperias are everywhere in Honduras. I don`t know if there`s a place in Honduras where there aren`t pulperias. The only thing that`s different is the lunches and dinners that we eat. There`s lots of green banana and rice. Not a lot of meat. Thank goodness baleadas exist everywhere! It`s really cool here because we do just about everything on Sundays and just about everyone is an investigator. Pretty cool huh? I`ve never been in a branch and much less an extencion but I`m really liking it. There are good and bad things about everywhere. I love SabĂ  but I`m not a fan of the green banana for every meal (for example ahah).  

If everything goes according to plan with baptisms in these next couple weeks we`ll have enough priesthood holders to make it a branch here. (We still need 2 more). I really do love my district here. They`re a bunch of really good guys and they`re putting out a lot of good work instaed of causing problems ahaha. Yeah it`s way better writing here, even though the computers are super old! 

I love you guys all a ton...I hope you have an excellent week!

Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment