Sunday, July 15, 2018

The Nostalgia Begins (7/10)

[from July 9, 2018]

Whoa, this is super weird. Maybe my last or second to last mission email. Yeah, I for sure am gonna miss it. I´m gonna go right up until the end. I´ve enjoyed it, even the kinda crummy parts. I gotta make the most of it cause it´s about over! 

Yeah Saba is officially a branch. I am branch President, but not for too much longer haha. 

This week was good. Denis is our mission leader of the branch, which basically means that he leaves with us a ton.  He is super cool. We left with him for the first couple days this week, but then he got pretty sick, so he couldn´t on thursday, friday and saturday.  

We had a super contact with the whole district in saba, the missionaries from sonaguera came and helped us out for just 2 hours. 

What else? We had a baptism on saturday (Sara Martinez). A super cool lady who has a school supply shop. She made a sign for the church, but the ex-missionary stake calling guy (the one who´s house i called from) said we had to take it down because it has to be an official church made sign. I think she got a little offended but didn´t show it too much... Alls good here.

Also, while we were in seminary a kid thought it would be cool to stop my fan with his finger. He ended up breaking the thin plastic rotor and now I don´t have a fan anymore. I asked the mission for a new one, but it won´t get here before I leave. Some sweaty nights! 

My companion is super cool I wish I could have been with him longer, but my time is up doh! He is super funny. His english is really good. In the street we speak a weird mix of spanglish. He wants to teach english after the mission so I try to correct him as much as I can. But it´s weird because I want to correct him for the way he pronounces stuff, but I have to think how someone from england would say it. It´s weird. 

You bet I´m eating lots of baleadas. I learned how to make them so I´ll have to make some when I get home. They don´t come out perfect, but I´ve got the general idea down and I´ve practiced a ton. Whenever we go eat with somebody I offer to help make the baleadas too! The thing that will surprise you is how bad tortillas are for you! SO much fat hahah.

Yeah it´s weird eating with silverware. Like here, any meat is a hands food. 

Those movies sounds really cool. I want to see those, but I want to see Star wars too! I´ve heard there´s a Han Solo movie, sounds awesome! Have you seen it?

Yeah I carry a picture of you guys. Lots of times people are interested in seeing what my family looks like. I didn´t take a picture of the cabbit, but my comp did. I´ll make sure to have him pass me the picture. 

I am gonna make sure and eat some US American food and then some Frankfurters. Sounds good about the stake president and the release. Does he speak english? 

I´m gonna do as much as I can to stay super busy. And I´m gonna try and keep the other kids busy as well. From what I´ve heard they are already bored!? Maybe I´ll make some local friends. I´m not ashamed to look like an idiot with a foreign language anymore, so I´m ready to go! Yeah that sounds cool about visiting with the missionaries! I had no idea that they would be looking for any english speakers in the mission boundaries. That is a way cool assignment and gives them huge areas to look in! That´s cool about chinease people. I didn´t think there would be that many in Ukraine, but CHinease people are everywhere. If they are in Saba, there in Ukraine for sure haha. 

I´m gonna do all I can to appreciate every one of these last few day I have here. I´m gonna miss it, but I´m excited to start something new too!


I love you guys!
-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment