Thursday, July 19, 2018

Goodbyes, Gratitude, and Goofiness (7/16)

[from July 16, 2018]

this week has been weird and there are a lot of things going through my mind. i am gonna miss the mission a ton. i`ve been feeling a little nostalgic looking at all the stuff as i put it in the suitcase. Lots of goodbyes. I`m gonna miss Saba a lot. It is bittersweet. i can`t wait to be home and see you guys though. that`s what makes me so excited to be going home. i`m gonna focus on that so i don`t feel sad haha. It`s gonna be awesome to see you guys again. I`m gonna have to tell you guys a bunch of crazy stories. 

It`s really weird to think I`ve been here for two years! It sure felt shorter. The time flew! All I have in front of me is some last last testimonies and a dinner and interview with President. All stuff that`s cool, but not super exciting haha.

This week there`s been a bunch of last testimonies shared by me. I`m so glad my heavenly father`s given me the chance to serve a mission.  There`s a quote that i shared this sunday in my last testimony in sacrament meeting. it`s in preach my gospel from Lorenzo Snow (arguably the prophet with the best beard) he said that “There is no mortal man that is so much interested in the success of an elder when he is preaching the gospel as the Lord that sent him to preach to the people who are the Lord’s children” 100% true. Heavenly Father has helped me in every step of the mission. It hasn`t been easy, but he`s always been there for me. I am so grateful to have a supportive Heavenly Father, just like I have a supportive earthly father. 

it`ll be cool to get to know the people in the branch. i`m sure it`ll feel weird to be in a bigger sized branch after so long in saba. i was ready to give a talk this upcoming sunday but it`ll be fine if not. i am used to last minute talk notifications at this point. i`ve kinda gotten to be johnny on the spot with a lesson or talk, but anytime sounds good. 

I PROMISE to not be like the sister missionary who missed her flight twice. I`m gonna go to the airport in the morning to say a last goodbye to Elder Reyes, so I`m gonna have lots of time to check my bag and get ready to leave. I do have a crazy day of travel. I`ll do my best to rest of the plane. But not too much. I`m not gonna sleep the whole time either. I don`t want to get home a zombie! if anything crazy or weird happens, church travel is always ready. 


farewel-evator

Thanks for getting the blog up to date. I haven`t kept a mission journal, even though i made various attempts. Most times I had other stuff to do or was to tired to write in the evening. 

Tell Emma she better be ready to have a new alarm clock. It`s super big and comes in Big Brother style. He`s loud, annoying and tickles to make sure any sleeping girls have to wake up. 

Not too much longer now you guys! Just three days! Then the star wars marathon begins! Buuuuu buuuu buuu buuu booo bumm bbuuum bum bum bum doo do doo dooo doooooooooooooooooooo do odo do do do do do do do do bum bum bum doooooo. Que la fuerza te acompaƱe..... [May the force be with you.....]

I love you tons! See you soon!
Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment