Saturday, July 14, 2018

How Honduras is Different (3/26)

[from March 26, 2018]

Hey Family,

I`m doing really good, we found a super cool family this week, and they`ve been giving us dinner a whole bunch of times, to be honest food was kinda making me nervous in this area, we hadn`t been eating super well. When investigators invite you to dinner 3 times in the first week of knowing them it`s a good sign. They came to church this week and brought some homemade snacks and soda for everybody after the meeting. Everyone was like, where did they come from? 

Yeah, my companion just has that picture taking mindset, and giving the camara to the kid during the baptism was a good idea too. 

Yeah, I`m getting to be an old man haha, I`m gonna be 20 before too long! The mother`s day call is coming right up too! I can`t wait to get the chance to talk to you guys. This is probably gonna be my last area, and I`m gonna write down some good stories to tell beforehand this time! 

If Honduras has taught me anything, it`s how to use public transportation. There aren`t reall escalators here, and there sure aren`t trains.

In Honduras just about all the houses (and not everybody has a real house) have the house and a wall aound it. And they never have doorbells, so we just have to yell buenas as loud as we can so thast they hear us. Here there are no public schools like there are in the United States. Everywhere is a private school, and you can decide not to go to school whenever you want. You have to go to school in a uniform and they give homework, but it`s different because nobody`s got computers, just smartphones haha.

I`m still liking it here. We had a little bit of a bummer when we couldn`t get permission from a youth`s mom... but it`s ok, maybe she`ll come around in the future.

Because michael put `twas in the email to me, I decided to write the email in old English enjoy:

Ho Michael I knoweth that I only has't a little bit of the mission hath left! At which hour I receiveth the chance to calleth thou in May, I wilt beest just about finished. I`m so glad thee like the new school, I knoweth t'will beest different from virginia but you`ll has't a valorous time. We wast very close to having a baptism this week but the youth`s mother wouldn`t sign the permission sheet. In these next couple weeks, we desire to has't some more baptisms!

Love you guys. Have a good week!
-Elder Stoddard

No comments:

Post a Comment